- Certification from a culinary school or trade qualified
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
- Be able to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies
- Opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries.
- Be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques.
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads, working with Executive Chef to create a large repertoire
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on guest preferences
- Recommend recipes (e.g. gluten-free options)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
Live in position with fantastic international salary on offer… Additional Benefits: Medical Insurance, Flight Allowance, 1 Months’ Vacation Per Annum.
IINTERVIEWS COMING TO CAPE TOWN, JOHANNESBURG & DURBAN SOON!!
To apply please send your CV and Full-Length Picture, interviews will either be on Skype or face to face depending on location. Please note roles are to be filled ASAP… Good Luck!