Are you looking to expand your professional expertise? A new plant-based restaurant set in the heart of Cape Town CBD is looking for experienced individual who will execute barista, runner and cashier duties!
The ideal candidate will be charismatic, energetic and well-groomed.
- Clear criminal record (essential)
- Min 1 years’ experience in the hospitality/restaurant industry
- Barista experience (advantageous)
- Willing to work shifts
- Ability to work under pressure and handle all unexpected issues
- Assertive team player
- Consistent in in-service delivery
- Well-groomed with a professional mindset
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Greeting customers warmly
- Up-selling beverages and other restaurant products
- Ringing up purchases and accepting payments
- Issuing receipts on the POS system by capturing customers’ details on each purchase, and ensuring this is done on as many purchases possible
- Balancing the till at day end
- Wrapping, packing and serving the customers their meals/ beverages
- Ensuring the food is well-presented and garnished correctly
- Knowledgeable of the menu, as you will be working in the front
- Always being helpful and polite
- Checking bar stock levels and packaging, and reporting this to Assistant Head Chef
- Any other tasks that are reasonably required by management
Candidates who have successfully passed their interviews will be required to complete a three-hour test shift.