We currently have a permanent position for a Housekeeper position based in Sea Point.
Overview of position:
Supervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action. May purchase housekeeping supplies and equipment, take periodic inventories, screen applicants, train new employees, and recommend dismissals.
- Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness;
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action;
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments;
- Coordinates work activities among departments;
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies;
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation;
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage;
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management;
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints;
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers;
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Minimum Grade 10 or extensive experience as a Housekeeper;
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience as a Housekeeper;
- Must be a strong leader with a very good eye for detail;
- Must be to work as part of a bigger team and communicate at all levels;
- Housekeeping/Housekeeper experience gained in a Boutique Hotel/Hotel industry essential;
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance;
- Customer-oriented and friendly;
- Prioritization and time management skills;
- Working quickly without compromising quality;
- Good communication skills i.e. knowledge of the English language;
- Requires stamina and flexibility;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and put tasks in order;
- Neat, tidy, presentable and professional;
- A friendly manner and a willingness to assist others;
- Ability to work irregular hours i.e. this often includes working on holidays, evenings or weekends.
Should you meet the above criteria, please forward copy of your updated CV (Word document), when applying.