Our client is in search of a qualified Chef de Partie who can take direction and maintain the highest standards of food quality and presentation, as directed by the Head Chef.
The suitable candidate must have well-rounded knowledge of all areas of the kitchen, including A la Carte Restaurant, production areas of: meat, fish, vegetables, larder, cold sections, and work within the station in a clean, safe and efficient manner according with the policy’s procedures and standards of the kitchen.
REPORTING LINE: Head Chef
· Review the daily production sheets with the Head chef.
· Prepares and when required delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service
· Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
· Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
· Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, counter tops and stove tops
· Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
· Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense
· Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
· Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
· Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to the Head Chef in a timely fashion
· Prepares lists of food products required for station for Head Chef order and approval
· Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
· Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
· Other reasonable duties as assigned
· Experience in a restaurant/ hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
· Tertiary qualification or 3 years’ experience
· Must have experience and be proficient in a la carte cooking
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please note, that we can only consider candidates, who are South African Citizens or hold a valid South African Permanent Residence! Preference will be given to candidates, who already live in the Western Cape!
Candidates who live in other provinces, need to be able to come for personal interviews to Somerset West entirely at their own expense! No telephonic/SKYPE interviews will be done by our client!
Due to the high volume of applications we do handle on a daily basis, we are only able to reply, via e-mail to those candidates, who meet our clients’ requirements and are short-listed!