· Handle cash, credit and check transactions with customers
· Scan goods correctly, accurately and collect payment
· Ensure that all sale transactions are always processed correctly using the correct payment method on the system.
· Ensure pricing is always correct
· Issue change correctly, issue receipts as this is proof of payment which is checked upon exit of the store, refunds, or tickets
· Redeem stamps and coupons
· Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that float amounts are correct and the daily cash takings are correct and that there is adequate change
· Make sales referrals, upsell products, cross-sell products and introduce customers to new products
· Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
· Bag items correctly and carefully as to avoid any damage
· Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
· Always maintain clean and tidy checkout areas . No loose items to be laying around the till point
· Keep reports of transactions
· Process returns and check to see if items are damaged
· Answer customers’ questions and get a manager if answer doesn’t solve the issue
· Bag, box or wrap packages, pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction.
· Ensure when processing an invoice for the warehouse to other stores/locations, that you ensure that you check quantities of stock before processing on the system, 2nd check must be done correctly and accurately.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From R4,500.00 per month