DISTRIBUTION CENTRE: GENERAL ASSISTANT
General assistants pick, pack, wrap and load orders into client’s vehicles and courier’s trucks. General Assistants ensure a clean and organized warehouse for optimal utilization of space, easy stock access and safe packing and storage.
- Move inventory and materials across facilities by using a trolley, ramp and/or goods lift
- Pick and wrap stock for dispatch or delivery by picking the stock as per picking slip or transfer documents provided or by instruction of superior.
- Offload stock from trucks, containers or vehicles and deliver to proper location
- Sort, organize, and store inventory in proper location
- · Wrap or repackage items as per procedure and label correctly
- · Report damaged or missing inventory or supplies to supervisor
- · Stack and organize large bulk items according to regulations and ensure all boxes stacked are not damaged and that the weight is not excessive for bottom boxes
- · Carefully handle and move stock items to the designated area and ensure you do not damage the item during movement, and ensure the items are not misused.
- Wear uniform and safety gear at all times
- Work as an active team member to complete team goals and deadlines
- Keep work areas and aisles are clean, tidy and neatly stacked
- Assist client’s collecting orders with a professional and helpful manner
- Apply master guard product process as and when required for trained assistance
- Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned