The Faircape Group operates 6 high-end retirement/lifestyle villages in the Western Cape.
These busy facilities are situated in prime locations across the Western Cape: (Bridgewater and Heritage Manors in Somerset West, Cle Du Cap in Kirstenhof, Noordhoek Manor in Noordhoek and Onrus Manor in Onrusriver and Tokai Estate in Tokai).
We are seeking to place a Laundry Coordinator at each facility.
The Laundry Coordinator is responsible to oversee the daily operation of the linen department, ensure quality controls are in place, manage service inquiries and work towards achieving the operational objectives while ensuring that the healthcare facilities operational standards are met..
Job duties include, but is not limited to the following:
Upkeep of the linen room
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the linen area and hygiene standards
- Report any maintenance issues
Manage daily operations of the linen room
- Oversee the issuing of linen and the loading of linen carts and getting filled linen carts to designated areas
- Oversee proper handling and storage of clean linen and the proper handling of soiled linen
- Oversee the pick up and drop off of linen by external service provider
Oversee quality controls of the linen
- Take heavily soiled linen out and place separately for re-washing or special treatments
- Report any linen which is torn, ensure it is placed separately and follow the procedure to condemn
- Inspect finished laundered articles to ensure conformance to standards
- Ensure correct storage of linen in linen rooms
Record keeping, stock and par levels
- Submit weekly stock take reports
- Ensure par levels are correct
- Reconcile invoices of sent and received laundry
- Update daily linen productivity report
Report to supervisor
- Any concerns immediately to your supervisor
- Any linen that needs to be discarded or replenished
- Any discrepancies with stock or invoicing
- Make recommendations
- Perform other duties as assigned and able to carry out any other reasonable task as by the Housekeeping Supervisor
Working hours: Mondays to Fridays from 07h00 until 17h00 and every second Saturday from 07h00 until 12h00
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience in same or similar role
- Laundry management experience
- Stock control experience
Skills and knowledge:
- Computer literate
- Work efficiently
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative and takes initiative
- Problem solving abilities
Salary on offer from R5,500 Cost to Company per month
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.